Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Finest Brands International is a leading manufacturer & distributor of Champion equestrian safety wear and Toggi Footwear & Clothing.
Toggi footwear is renowned for supreme levels of comfort, durability, protection and style. Toggi has a very large share of the market for outdoor lovers, dog walkers, casual wear as well as specialised footwear for horse riders. Finest Brands are looking for a Footwear Developer/Manager to continue to drive success.
Based from Leeds (although location flexible)
Full time, permanent position (will consider part time)
With distribution throughout both the UK and the world, this Footwear Developer/Manager’s role will be delivering footwear products by heading up and working with the Design team to create the design vision for footwear. As well as managing the overseas factories to bring the concepts to realisation. This is an exciting opportunity as the company grows with demand continually increasing, your role and career can develop with them.
Your duties will include:
* Research into footwear trends, technology, styles and manufacturing processes.
* Understanding the current market trends to drive innovative technologies.
* Work alongside, possibly lead the design team to identify market trends in materials and aesthetics.
* Educate and mentor other team members to build product awareness within the company.
* Work closely with the factories to source, develop and test new materials.
* Present work and research at internal reviews and sales launches.
* Cost price and stock management and monitoring.
* Maintain strong working relations with overseas team, communicating on a daily basis.
* Manage the sample process with the suppliers, ensuring all deadlines are met and critical paths followed.
* Approving and amending samples.
* Frequently attending trade shows for research & inspiration.
* Travel for development trips, production visits.
* Meet key customers.
* Quality control.
You will need:
* Proven experience designing and developing footwear.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* An understanding of costing and pricing structure when designing a product.
* Ideally proficient in Adobe Creative suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
* A willingness to push a product from concept to reality and a drive to continuously improve existing products.
* A drive to stay up to date with industry and cross industry trends, including working with sponsored riders to help ensure we are exceeding our customers evolving needs.
* Effective communication.
* A team player who is enthusiastic about design and innovation.
If you have what we need and the enthusiasm and skills to fulfill this role then we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Footwear Developer job, just click “apply” today. You will receive an email shortly after your applying, which you will need to read and respond to. This will ensure your application is complete and you will be considered for the job.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Address LS11 5HP