Ladieswear Designer (Mature/40+)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £1 – £23000/annum
An exciting opportunity for an Ladieswear Designer (Mature/ 40+) to join a leading fashion importer with over 50 years experience supplying ladies clothing to retailers including Joe Browns, The Original Factory Shop and TJ Hughes. The ideal candidate will have a creative design background with knowledge of working for a Ladieswear supplier.
* Designing Ladieswear for age range 40 plus.
* Creating a multi-product range of commercial ladieswear designs.
* Working with a range of colours and prints.
* Researching trends and creating mood / trend boards.
* Attending customer meetings and presenting design ranges.
* Completing competitive shops.
* Attending fashion shows, going on shopping trips and buying samples.
* Liaising with factories, suppliers and customers to develop new ranges.
* Producing detailed production specification sheets.
* Producing detailed design sheets for factories.
* Looking at samples and making amendments to improve designs before going into production.
* Delivering products on budget.
* Maintaining the company identity and developing their product portfolio.
* Far East travel may be required.
* Other duties as required.
* MUST have 3 – 5 years experience in a similar role for mature customers.
* MUST have strong CAD skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Be able to work alone and take initiative.
* Ability to undertake trend prediction.
* Commercial awareness.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis
- Address Manchester, Greater Manchester