Agricultural Research and Development Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £55000 – £85000/annum Medical + Health + Dental Care
Job Title: Agricultural Research & Development Manager
Vacancy Ref No: 14671 RG
Location: Canada, North America
Our client is a leading Potato Processing Plant located in North America. They now are seeking to recruit an Agricultural Research & Development Manager.
The Industry: Agricultural Research, Development Manager, Research Manager, Manager, Leadership, Technical Support, Innovation, Biology, Farmer, Farming, Potato, Potatoes, Management, Vegetables, Crops, Agricultural, Agricultural, Growing, Grower, Grower Manager, Greenhouse, Harvest, Harvesting.
The Job Role Details:
As an Agricultural Research & Development Manager, you will be responsible to develop new agricultural products and practices to support potato commercial program. This means you will have carried out Crop Research & Development, working with the Breeding team to obtain new Potato varieties for testing, trials and distribution. As well as implementing research projects, you will also assist with management of the program, reporting on all advances and liaising with senior teams. Delivering milestones and goals are met and maintain relationships with Federal and Public institutions.
* Development of new processing potato varieties, transfer new techniques for seed and commercial production.
* Work with private and public breeding institutions to obtain new promising potato varieties for testing and distribution to growers.
* Assists with the management and direction of the research and development programs to meet organisational needs and to capitalise on potential new products.
* Develops and implements research and development procedures and techniques.
* Oversees complex research projects, analyses result and provides recommendations based on findings.
* Ensures staff execute their day-to-day tasks.
* Implement protocols, screen, and qualify new potato varieties to get more adapted varieties with high field yield potential to support the business on raw material cost reduction.
* Training and coaching of human capital; spread culture of teamwork and collaboration, sharing good practices, technical and business information to the Team.
* Assists with the management of the Ag Research Program, conducting research trials, reporting all technical advances, new technologies and products to generate solutions to potato production system.
* Maintain key relationships with Federal and State public institutions, to import or export new varieties for testing.
* Establishment of best agricultural practices to optimise field productivity and quality.
* Determine the scope of research projects and assists with ensuring they are on time and within budget.
* Ensured that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets. Accountabilities – Ag. R&D manager is responsible for two direct reports (full-time) and seasonal labour.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* Bachelor's degree in agriculture or Biology.
* 5+ years of experience working in agricultural research or related field (potato research strongly preferred).
* 2+ years of management experience in the agricultural industry.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
* To be successful as a research and development manager, you must:
* Have strong leadership skills, technical and business knowledge.
* Can take decisions.
* Be able to see the big picture as you will have to envision projects from start to finish.
* Have a keen ability to pay attention to details.
* Have leadership and managerial skills as well as the ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders.
* Proven ability to think outside the box with demonstrated creativity
* Can meet deadlines and deal with pressure, particularly around planting and harvesting seasons.
* Be able to coach staff.
£ 55,000 – £ 85,000 p.a. – Experience Dependant
Plus: 15% Annual Incentive Bonus
Benefits: Full benefits package which includes medical, health and dental plan and a retirement plan.
How to apply: Interested candidates should click the 'Apply Now' button – forwarding over their most recent up to date CV.
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach
- Address New Brunswick