Accounts & Audit Senior
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £42000/annum
A rapidly expanding accountancy firm is recruiting for an Accounts & Audit Senior to join the team at its Oxford office. This role will be to assist this long-established firm in its provision of high-quality audit and accounts services to a range of businesses and private clients.
Predominantly, you will be leading a variety of interesting and complex audit assignments across multiple sectors, liaising with, and reporting to, managers and partners as required.
As Accounts & Audit Senior your responsibilities will include:
* Prepare audit files, undertake audit planning and lead/assist with fieldwork
* Assist in work allocation and supervise more junior team members on audits, providing support, training and reviewing their work
* Ensure audit assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets
* Using accounting software to provide accurate reporting for managers, directors and clients
* Preparing statutory accounts and finalise accounts under the overall supervision of your Line Manager
* Completing working papers including preparing bank reconciliations, other reconciliations and manual control accounts
* Preparing corporation tax computations
* Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
* Input into service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
* Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training
We welcome applications from candidates with the following experience, skills and attributes:
* ACCA/ACA qualified with a strong educational background
* Minimum of 3 years’ accounts and audit experience within UK accountancy practice
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Strong IT skills; specifically Excel – Xero, Sage, Caseware and CCH would be an advantage
* A positive, confident and proactive attitude and able to create a positive impression with clients and staff
* Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output working within procedures
* Self-motivated and proactive team player
This highly professional firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package including a wellbeing programme, flexible working, social events, a supportive and modern working environment and the opportunity to develop and progress your career further.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Accounts & Audit Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful